HSE NII: Location, Interviews, Relocation, Benefits, etc.




HSE is a national organisation with offices throughout Great Britain. However, all of the nuclear inspector posts are based at our new, open-plan Redgrave Court office in Bootle, Merseyside. As nuclear sites are dispersed across Great Britain, inspectors will be required to travel and will be appointed to a particular site for a specified period of time.

Travel expenses for interview

Within certain limits, we will refund your travelling expenses (and if you have to stay overnight away form home, your accommodation costs) incurred when attending an interview. Please note that only applies to expenses incurred within the UK and we cannot refund expenses for travel to the UK from abroad.


As soon as you start your new job, you are eligible to join the Civil Service pension arrangements.

We offer you a choice of two types of pension:

Nuvos. This is an occupational pension scheme that currently has a 3.5% member contribution rate. As your employer we meet the rest of the cost of the scheme.

Partnership pension account. This is a stakeholder pension with a contribution from ourselves. How much we pay is based on your age. We pay this regardless of whether you choose to contribute anything. You do not have to contribute but, if you do, we will also match your contributions up to 3% of your pensionable earnings. The contributions are in addition to the age-related contribution mentioned above.

You do not have to join the Civil Service Pension arrangements; you may opt out and be covered instead by a personal pension or the State Second Pension Scheme (S2P). You will be automatically entered into the Nuvos scheme on appointment unless you return your choice form at or before your start date. However, if you want your alternative pension arrangements to apply from the start of your appointment you must make your decision within three months of that date. If you wish to transfer pension benefits into PCSPS you should apply within 12 months of joining HSE. Our pension’s administrators are:



Department for Work and Pensions, Runcorn Pension Team, 1st Floor Area C, Castle View House, Runcorn, WA7 2GJ Tel 08458 501555.

For further information please visit the Civil Service Pensions website


: www.civilservice-pensions.gov.uk.


Relocation expenses

If you have to move home to take up appointment, you may be eligible to receive limited relocation expenses up to a maximum of £15 000. Under no circumstances must you commit any expense before HSE’s expenses section has confirmed your entitlement, as your claim will be disallowed if it falls outside HSE policy. Travel and subsistence expenses are not payable when you visit your nominated office prior to moving.

Smoking policy

No smoking is allowed anywhere on the Redgrave Court site. Similar restrictions also apply at the sites you visit. You must make sure you understand and are able to work within this policy before applying.




To discuss this or similar posts, please contact ERS on 01454 203 460, or submit a CV to cv@energyrs.co.uk, to register your interest or apply for this position, further details available at http://www.ERSJobs.co.uk





Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: